Hospitality – enhancing guest experience
Atithi Devo Bhava – The guest is equivalent to God!
The Hospitality sector is extremely competitive and organizations operating in this sector have to heavily rely on technology to enhance market share and customers.
They have to ensure delightful customer experience to create brand loyalty. In essence, the principle of “Atithi Devo Bhava” – treating each guest like God is what wins more customers and enhances business prospects.
So, how do hotels and the hospitality sector use RFID?
- Safety and Security: RFID based locks are used prominently. UHF RFID has facilitated “Barrier Less” access control without compromising on security and safety for the guests and staff.
- Asset Management: By using both active and passive tags, the technology reduces shrinkage in high value items. RFID based laundry management system ensures availability of good quality linen and bathroom accessories in all rooms.
- Tour Management: RFID provides effective tags to help tour operators to be virtually always with their esteemed guests and come to their assistance in case they don’t speak the local language or if they have some disability and require special attention.
- Airline Industry: RFID is used for both asset and inventory management. This optimizes the turnaround time for aircraft and improves operational efficiency.
The major areas of use of RFID in the Hospitality Industry are:
- Enhanced Guest Experience
- People Monitoring
- Asset Management
- Vehicle Management
- Laundry Management
- Time and Attendance